Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

netflix not working on apple tv

I have had my Apple tv for about 2 years now. All of a sudden Netflix is not working properly. it gives a message that says something like "this video content is unavailable now, try back later." I have tried for 2 days. Nothing is playing.

I have tried updating Apple tv software, and unplugging cables and power.

Any other suggestions?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 4:28 AM

I retried unplugging the power cable for a bit longer and that seemed to have done the trick!

2 replies

Aug 14, 2014 1:02 PM in response to ekathy99

Hey! I am glad unplugging your cable worked for you!

I know I had this problem when I was at school, so unfortunately I couldn't just unplug my router. I wanted to comment my fix for this issue so that other people with a similar situation to mine don't get extremely frustrated like I did.

1. Turn on your Apple TV.

2. Go to "Settings > General > Network"

3. click on your current network

4. Go to "Configure DNS" and select "Manual"

5. Your DNS is the collection of four three-digit numbers at the bottom of the page. Select your DNS and change each number to 008 (Write down your old numbers just in case!). Example: DNS 008.008.008.008

6. After you do this your Netflix should work just fine, and I believe that you may change your DNS back to its original state after a day or so, but I'm not sure.

I hope this helps!

netflix not working on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.