Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. I cannot trash photos from an album. Options are "remove from album" or "trash" but both only remove from album not the library

Hi. I cannot trash photos from an album. Options are "remove from album" or "trash" but both only remove from album not the library. The only way to trash photos is to go to the library/photos and trash from there which is a bit annoying!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 4:27 AM

7 replies

Apr 25, 2014 12:50 PM in response to léonie

I have the same problem (iphoto 9.5.1, Mavericks 10.9.2.). The trash can is there. If I trash a photo from an album it is gone from the album, but it´s not gone in the corresponding event, which has so far been the proper function of the trash as opposed to the function "remove from album". And the deleted photos do not show up in the trash, so the trash can´t even be emptied. So it appears the trash can works the same as "remove from album" instead of also removing a pic from the event. Is there a way to get the proper trash function back?

Hi. I cannot trash photos from an album. Options are "remove from album" or "trash" but both only remove from album not the library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.