Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My configuration program does not support my Airport suddenly?

Hi everyone!

My internet connect broke down and i tried to re connect to my airport. I went to my wifi and saw again my airport. The airport configuration opened and it was reading it. Then suddenly wouldn't open the configuration. It stated: This version of airport configuration program doens't support this airport. I tried downloading an older version but my mac wouldn't let me install.

I used my phone as a personal hotspot to download but the version wouldn't install. So i'm curious what happend. The internet is down in our house. Did it somehow messed up the airport? We had no electrical problems what so ever. Only the internet went down.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 5:44 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2014 6:18 AM in response to koelink

This version of airport configuration program doens't support this airport.

This message appears because the version of AirPort Utility packed in with Mavericks OS X (10.9.2) no longer supports the older models of the AirPorts.

To configure the older AirPort that you have, you will need....or be able to borrow for a few minutes....a Mac running Leopard or Snow Leopard, or a PC.

Mar 31, 2014 8:57 AM in response to koelink

So how do i actually config the airport so it runs on my operating system?

Once you configure the older AirPort using the Mac running Leopard it will operate fine on your network.

The rub is that the Mavericks Mac cannot be used to configure or make any changes to the older AirPort once you have it set up. So, if the Express needs more help later, you will need to borrow the Leopard Mac later to fix things up again.

That Express that you have is at least 8 years old....probably older.....and most of these devices go for about 5-6 years, so you are way ahead of the game. A new Express, when you are ready, will work fine with Mavericks.

My configuration program does not support my Airport suddenly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.