Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push notifications IPhone 5s iOS 7.1 problem

Hello.i don't get push notification for some applications.I downloaded the same applications to a friends iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and worked like a charm but not in my IPhone 5s!how can you explain this?i restore my Iphone and reset every setting,even deactivate and re-activate but nothing!please help me,I need my push notifications back!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 5:30 AM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2014 10:33 AM in response to laxanas

Hello there, laxanas.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great troubleshooting recommendations for notifications:

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3576

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Note: Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Apr 2, 2014 10:47 AM in response to pedro d

Thank you for your answer.I already tried this application to an iPad 4 ios 7.1 and worked perfectly.in my Iphone 5s doesn't work.i did everything as I said..not only I double check notification settings etc..I restore the phone,reset all settings,network etc..it doesn't work on any wifi connection or 3G.The app is Ikariam mobile and supports notificitation.looking foreword for you next answer.thanks again.

Push notifications IPhone 5s iOS 7.1 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.