Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can any one help with new iOS 7.1 update?

Hello,

I have recently downloaded the iOS 7.1 update and it has being causing problems with the iPhone 4s. The problems are as follows;

1. No Wi-Fi connection all, and in full range of a connection (If and when I connect its for 10 seconds and gone again)
  2. Battery Life depleting quickly
  3. iPhone freezes constantly
  4. iPhone getting extremely hot when not in use.

Is there anything that I can do that can help with this or will I have to wait for the next iOS update?

Kieran

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 5:09 AM

14 replies

Mar 31, 2014 12:35 PM in response to DonXX

I would recommend that you update via iTunes on a PC or Mac. A large percentage of the problems occuring after an update are from people who went the WiFi on the phone route. This is prone to error if your WiFi isn't stable as a small outage can cause serious problems.

I have always updated via the PC and have not had a problem yet.

This is my opinion only- for what its worth.

Apr 9, 2014 9:21 AM in response to paulcb

If I restore as new without the backup & everything seems to be fine, I assume I would then have to restore it from my latest backup in iTunes in order to get all (or at least most) of my data back.

From what I have read, it looks like at least the music I have on my iPhone 4S that I put there from a CD I own would not be in my backup. That is not a major problem, since it is only 1 CD.

It also seems like the iTunes backup is more complete than the iCloud backup (I do have both).

So, I should probably be restoring from that backup.

Is there anything else that is not backed up in an iTunes backup that I should consider before I do that?

When I backup in iTunes (or even in iCloud), some items not backed up?

Wouldn't I then have to re-install those items that are not in my backups?

I have a Medical app from my local ambulance operator where I have taken a ton of time to input all of my medical information going back numerous years. I just got tired of some medical person constantly asking me for information one never really makes a point of remembering. Now, I have all of that information in my iPhone 4S.

There is no way I would want to reinstall that app & re-input all of that information again.

I also put a lot of "lists" in the Notes area on my iPhone 4S.

I understand that is also something that is not backed up.

These are just 2 examples.

I also have other items that I am under the impression also are not backed up.

Losing any of that information would be a huge burden to recover.

I am willing to take a chance with some items that are not backed up to either iTunes nor iCloud.

But, knowlingly doing something that may lose that information is not something I am willing to do.

OR, am I just not understanding what is and is not backed up in iTunes or iCloud & what I could potentially lose?

Can any one help with new iOS 7.1 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.