Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple blue tooth keyboard is entering strange characters or nothing at all.

I’m experiencing a serious problem with my Apple BT keyboard which is connected to my iPad Mini Retina.

Quite often lately, typing on the keyboard results in strange characters being typed out or simply line breaks and spaces. I have to reboot the keyboard in order to get this behavior to stop. Usually restarting the keyboard restores the normal functions; however, I must do this each time I enter a new edit field.

For example, when exchanging iMessages, I must restart the keyboard each time I wish to compose a new reply/message. Imagine how irritating this is after a short time.

Also, I’ve exchanged my keyboard for a replacement, thinking that it was a faulty keyboard at play. Obviously, this is not the case, as two replacements later, this odd behavior still occurs!

I believe this began with iOS 7.X. The 7.1 update hasn’t resolved this, so I’m at a loss on what I can do to fix this.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And, is there a possible fix?

I’ve re-added the keyboard in BT settings, replaced the keyboards, and still, no resolution.

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 6:30 AM

There are no replies.

My Apple blue tooth keyboard is entering strange characters or nothing at all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.