Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to pay for non-warranty iPhone 5 troubleshooting at an authorised apple centre?

My phone bricked yesterday when I try to update to latest iOS. It just went blank/black and won't turn on. I tried everything, including restoring, recboot, etc..

So today I decided to bring it to the expert. I asked for an opinion at the Nextbyte. The seller seemed rude to me, he cut me off from talking, didn't listen to what I'm trying to say and just tell me "Well you have to pay 49bucks for troubleshooting so we can find out what's wrong with your phone?" Since I really want to get my phone working again, I decided to go with it.

After waiting for a while, he came back to me saying that my phone is dead, no longer working and asked me to pay 49bucks for troubleshooting. I asked them what tests did he run. He said well I just tried to connect to iTunes here and it doesn't seemed to work. Well I was very suprised 'cause I did that more than 15 times last night and now you asked me to pay 49bucks for the same thing that I can do on my own? And he was just very rude when he claimed that it was my fault the phone became like that 'cause he assumed that I tried to jailbreak my phone. VERY RUDE INDEED. I have 2 iphones, 2 ipads, I never jailbreak any of them. I walked off the store feeling very angry and dissatisfied with the service.

Is there such a thing as "simply iTunes troubleshooting" fee? If not, is there any way I can claim that?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 6:44 AM

1 reply

Do I have to pay for non-warranty iPhone 5 troubleshooting at an authorised apple centre?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.