Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2013 ipod classic is operating on vintage program?

So I was charging my ipod classic and when I stopped charging it its stuck on the ipod okto disconnect screeen. But its not like the usual one. It is like it was set back several program generaitons. The screen isn't really light up , and hhe battery symbol is a battery with black bards. Not the usual green. Very strange. When I plugged it into my tablet to charge, it showed various dates in 1999 , suggesting when it was first program. Did it somehow revert the first operating systems?

What has happend? What do I do ?

Thanks

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 98, HELP

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 7:24 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2014 5:04 AM in response to nkepli1

That may be the iPod's internal diagnostics screen. It's not an earlier version of its software. To get out of it and back to regular mode, do a Reset (restart) as described here

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320

NOTE: If your iPod ever gets locked up and becomes unresponsive, this is the same procedure you use to reset it. It's like rebooting your computer.

My 2013 ipod classic is operating on vintage program?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.