Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find someone else's iPhone?

How do I find some one else's iPhone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2014 3:21 PM

Incorrect. For tracking from an iOS device, all you need is the free Find My iPhone app as I said back in March.

Regards.

7 replies

Jun 5, 2017 3:31 AM in response to varjak paw

Can i use this if the iphone is in another country? As long as my friend entered his account on find my iphone app? Like it will tell me the iphone's exact location?

Also can i leave friend's apple ID and password if I'm going to locate the phone anytime i want?

Or is there an option like i just register friend's IP address or apple ID on the app to locate my friend's iphone?

May 28, 2014 3:18 PM in response to Willstepinn

Apple has apparently maid it much more difficult to help someone out that has lost his iphone. I guess they want to sell more phones.

You can do it on a computer, by just signing in on their account, but on an iPad or iPhone you have to use "find my friends." However, if you have not preinvited the distressed friend, he wont be able to accept your invitation since his iphone is missing. Nasty.

May 28, 2014 3:29 PM in response to drspam

drspam wrote:

Apple has apparently maid it much more difficult to help someone out that has lost his iphone. I guess they want to sell more phones.

You can do it on a computer, by just signing in on their account, but on an iPad or iPhone you have to use "find my friends." However, if you have not preinvited the distressed friend, he wont be able to accept your invitation since his iphone is missing. Nasty.

Nope. Wrong. All you need is to download the Find My iPhone app, for free, from the App Store, on another iOS device.

How do I find someone else's iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.