Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update my iPhoto and iMovie using my apple id

I cant update my iphoto and imovie using my apple id. As I've read from other users who have the same problem as me, they encountered this problem after upgrading their mac air to mavericks. I know that Mavericks is more update therefore it needed its apps to be update also as my iphoto is in 9.1.4ver. Hence I need to update it to ver 9.5.1 from app store. I think that the store that I bought my mac air from installed those apps using their apple id which enable me to update them using my apple id. I bought my mac air in Singapore and now Im staying in Indonesia. Ive tried to contact them by mails but didnt get any reply. Any suggestion to update my iphoto and imovie without losing all my data and for free? been struggling for 3 days not using these apps as they contained very important data 😟

Thank You and looking forward for the best solution ^^

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 10:06 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2014 2:42 PM in response to Nerissa Tan

my iphoto is in 9.1.4ver. Hence I need to update it to ver 9.5.1 from app store.

I am unaware of an iPhoto version 9.1.4. The first Mac App Store version was 9.4.3. Any MAS version can only be updated with the Apple ID used to install it. You would not have been able to update any apps installed by the store's Apple ID.

The first version of 9.4.3 and anything prior to that was from a retail DVD. If your iLife apps are from a DVD at some point in the past you will need to buy the upgrade to the current versions for Mavericks.

Can't update my iPhoto and iMovie using my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.