Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my earbuds sound better when I put them in backwards -- pointing toward the back of my ear?

The new earbud shape isn't really "the answer" yet -- as evidence: my ears, pretty normally shaped, (no complaints), get way better sound when I reverse the earbuds -- I mean left and right but also POINT THEM TO THE BACK OF MY EAR: the bass opening (I think it's that) is right against my head, the speaker mesh is pointing backwards and I get significantly better volume in both ears, but especially my left ear, which must be shaped differently than my right. So there's some engineering for Apple to do here: to provide some way to individually configure the earbuds. And also, put the bass against my cranium. Will some of you please give this a try -- takes a little fiddling, but see if you can get better sound and maybe Apple will get on it.

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 8:55 AM

1 reply

Why do my earbuds sound better when I put them in backwards -- pointing toward the back of my ear?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.