Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I paid for an Office 360 subscription, but my Word and PowerPoint apps don't recognize that I have done so. No idea what to do!

As the heading says, I downloaded the free Word and PowerPoint apps. Then I purchased an Office 360 subscription through the iTunes store. However, the apps are not recognizing that I have done so. I have signed in and out multiple times. Help!

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 9:25 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2014 10:27 AM in response to HMPJ

In my expereince with Office 365 (in other arenas of functionality, but seems consistant), it may take a while for the purchase to register properly on the server. (yeah - welcome to Microsoft's cloud implementation. A joy and wonder to behold <sarcasm intended> )

Otherwise, try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

May not help, but won't hurt.

I paid for an Office 360 subscription, but my Word and PowerPoint apps don't recognize that I have done so. No idea what to do!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.