Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My touch screen is non responsive. Cannot access phone. Can't get serial number for website assistance. Help.

Hi there,

My iPhone 5C touch-screen is suddenyl unresponsive and does not allow me access to any information as I cannot "Slide to Open". Siri seems to be somewhat operational as can be accessed from the round button. However, Siri cannot bypass the slide operation. I have tried resetting and it did not change anything. I purchased the device five months ago in the U.S. but live in the Middle East. Any suggestions? I could sure use some assistance here... Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 10:26 AM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2014 10:29 AM in response to itaiger32

Try restoring it as in the instructions in the article from which you came. If you are unable to restore, you may be able to force the iPhone into Recovery Mode and restore via these instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

If that also fails, or restoring does not bring the touch screen back, then you will probably need to get the iPhone serviced, and Apple will do that only in the US. You would need to take the iPhone to the US yourself or send it to someone you know there who could get it serviced and then ship it back to you.

Regards.

My touch screen is non responsive. Cannot access phone. Can't get serial number for website assistance. Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.