Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 won't recognize my iPhone now that I've updated to iOS 7.1

What's up here? I use a Windows 7 machine and used to just plug my iPhone in and get all the photos and video off of it via "my computer". Now my desktop won't recognize my iPhone and the phone keeps asking me to trust the computer which I've said "yes" about six times now. I don't use iTunes and don't want to as it doesn't work well with Windows. None of this happened until I updated to iOS 7.1 and hey apple, give us an option to roll back please!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 9:50 AM

6 replies

Mar 31, 2014 10:16 AM in response to AmishCake

That's what's throwing me. I don't use iTunes and don't even have it installed. I just plug the phone in via a USB cable, or did anyway before iOS 7.1 and it worked fine. I manually pulled my photos and videos off to my hard drive. Now I'm trying to download iTunes and it just keeps saying "thanks for downloading iTunes" yet it hasn't even begun to download. All my own fault. I didn't listen to myself "if it ain't broke don't fix it" i.e. don't always rush to update to the lastest iOS. Heck I still use Windows XP on my desktop and have for 13 years. It works fine and I see no need to change it.

Windows 7 won't recognize my iPhone now that I've updated to iOS 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.