Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto package contents is separate from iphoto after hard drive recovery

I have moved some of my previous iphoto libraries to an external hard drive. It fell and was not usable and did nor want to open any of my fikes. It was rceovered and I've received it back. The package contents are now seperate from the iphoto icon's on the hard drive. If I want to open it, it asks me to upgrade to the new maverick's version iphoto library. I click upgrade but then it saus that my iphoto library needs recovery and that it will quit and relaunch by itself. If I press quit the whole process starts anew. What should I do to be able to view my iphoto library? Please please help!

iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 10:54 AM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2014 1:18 PM in response to LarryHN

Dear Larry. Unfortunately I have just copied all my old libraries to this external hard drive and was about to back it up when it fell. This was still the previous Iphoto app before I updated my mac to mavericks. I now run OS X 10.9.2. The folder in which I received back this hard drive shows: folder "2012 iphoto". In this folder all the package contents lies together with the older iphoto app. In other words, if I right click on the iphoto icon, there is no option to "show package content:, because I assume it is not in it and is seperated. I hope I explained this correctly?

If I now double click on the iphoto icon, iphoto starts up and it shows me the following message: "Your photo library will not be readable by previous versions of iPhoto after the upgrade. The upgrade process for very large libraries may take an hour or more to complete.". I then click upgrade, and the following message appears: " An inconsistency in your database has been detected. The application will now quit, relaunch, and restore your database to a consistent state. This may take some time." It only shows a tab with "quit". If I pres quit, iphoto closes and reopens with the first message showing again. This continues untill I choose the option to not upgrade...

Please help

Iphoto package contents is separate from iphoto after hard drive recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.