Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi Anyone had problems with losing Dropbox favourites on their IPad?

Hi

Anyone had problems losing Dropbox favourites on their iPad?

I have about 400 songs (words and chords) as Word documents on Dropbox marked as Favorites on my iPad (saves carrying around sheets of paper in a binder) but for some reason the documents lose their 'favourites' tag and so cannot be accessed unless I have a Wi-Fi connection. I have 're-favoritized' them twice already which is very time consuming. I am thinking of giving up and buying a tablet.

Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 10:17 AM

5 replies

Mar 31, 2014 1:07 PM in response to 17trons

Hi Ian - Thanks for your reply/comments - Dropbox have actually been very helpful with me and although there is no solution yet, their engineers are working on it - one of ther dropbox team ( Candace ) asked me to send them a system log of the fault which I did on Friday. I also asked at the Apple Shop but they seemed to think it wasn't an iPad problem, they said it was the Dropbox program itself. So don't throw your iPad away yet even though it's infuriating and completely useless in this form for live gigs. I also have my ( 2000 ) lyrics etc on "Pages" on the iPad and that works and you can edit the lyrics/chords etc BUT it has been crashing too much and you have to scroll endlessly to get to the correct file, so I put them on dropbox aswell - I will keep you posted when Dropbox get back to me re. solving this issue. We just want things to work, don't we, what's the problem with that!! - regards - Dave Cass

Apr 2, 2014 1:26 PM in response to davecass

Hi Dave

Just looked at the string and I am guessing you didn't get it! Basically I was saying I was pleased you got a positive response from Dropbox. Very easy for Dropbox; very easy for Apple and Dropbox to blame each other which is not helpful to their customers.

You can of course use your songs via Dropbox providing you have access to Wi-fi at the gig but this is a bit risky if you are their to do a gig. By the way do you have the iPad holder that clips onto your mic stand? Saves taking a music stand and gives you a bit more room in the space a coffee bar or restaurant usually gives you.

Keep in touch and let me know if you make any progress. I will do the same. icarlton@btconnect.com

Cheers

Ian

Apr 2, 2014 2:04 PM in response to 17trons

Hi Ian - got your message and have now found out how to reply - no more news from dropbox at the moment but will let you know asap - I use a Morphie Powerstand for live gigs - it is very sturdy and by far the best stand I have found for my use - I am a keyboards player and have the iPad linked to a monitor. The Morphie stand was a bit pricey (£160.00) but it also recharges the iPad if needed using the lightning socket ( Unfortunately I need this socket for the monitor ) but I would recommend it if you can justify the cost but if your iPad works well with the holder, then fine. Cheers Dave - www.davecassmusic.com / info@davecass.co.uk o dave@davecassmusic.com

Hi Anyone had problems with losing Dropbox favourites on their IPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.