Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.0.6/Google problem

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Problems started a few days ago. Not sure if I changed a preference or what.

My Safari will not search in the Google search bar, will not connect to Google, Gmail, Netflix, Blogger, or Facebook. All other websites connect just fine leading me to believe it is a Google products issue.

Also I have 3 gmail accounts that funnel to my MacMail - they work but they are very slow and have a spinning ball for several minutes.

Firefox works fine - but I love Safari and hate to lose it.

I cannot upgrade to a newer system because I need my GoLive and a new system would do away with that.

iMac 24 inch flat screen, Mac OS X (10.5.8), its beautiful!

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 10:35 AM

7 replies

Mar 31, 2014 1:16 PM in response to Diane Janowski

Diane ...

Instead of using Google to access Netflix, Blogger, and Facebook, bookmark those sites. Much easier to access then using Google.

As for the spinning ball ... from your Safari menu bar click Safari > Reset Safari

Select the following:

Clear history

Reset all website data

Clear the Downloads folder

Then cilck Reset.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, empty the Safari cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

Safari 5.0.6/Google problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.