Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone / iPad events are not showing up in OS X but are synced by it.

Hey folks, I have a problem with my calender here.

I use my iPhone (iOS 7.04) to take reminders, when I'm on the go. When I return home, I sync it with my Macbook Pro and also get the notifications, that the events are being transfered to my mac. However, if I look for the events in the calendar application of OS X, they are not present.

They are however visible on my iPad (iOS 7.1)

I'm reling on this feature very much and want to know: What's going wrong here?

I'm a bit clueless. All calendars are being shown. I have no calendar in the cloud (sorry I'm german and don't want to get killed)

I don't want to go through al the bugfixing restoring everything from scratch - Thing again.

See https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4195655?answerId=19254954022#19254954022 to read what I did the last time. Where are these events stored? How can I find out, why this is happening?

I'm thinking about ditching all the calender syncing and stick to my iPad as the ONLY device doing my events, because I WORK with my time. Very frustrated about this bug.

Please: I need some sort of clue, what to do!

Thank you thank you thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2,5GHz 8GB Ram Mid 2010 Model 6,2

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 10:35 AM

8 replies

Apr 1, 2014 1:20 AM in response to EmilioT

Hey Emilio,

I don't have time to cope with this today, but I obviously looks like, I need to reverse engineer this myself. So tired of bugficking.

What I will try out first, is to delete all my calendars on the Mac, after I did export them, and see, If the problem persits. (I have a vague recognition, I tried that out last time as well, but I'm not sure.)

Then, I will have a look into the calendar files, to find the event and look at the difference in structure (probably a ziped XML-file.)

However. I seriously think, that apple should DO THEIR HOMEWORK with the calendar right down at the bottom. I really don't care about all the new features, which are basicly just design alterations to me, but I CARE about the basic stuff. I could go on about Apple an Calendar, but that's a different story.

Apr 1, 2014 3:13 PM in response to Maffibaer

Hey Emilio,

I found a solution, that worked for me. Try reseting the sync services as stated in this document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1627

Follow these steps:

1. Export your Calendar data - (you should end up with a .icbu-File) and make sure all Calendars are shown (I had one that was hidden - which later had all entries doubled)
  2. Close Calendar
  3. Export your Contacts (you should end up with a .abbu-File)
  4. Close Contacts
  5. Backup your iPhone
  6. Close iTunes (just in case)
  7. Open up Terminal and for Mounain Lion enter: /System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsyn c.pl full
  8. Open iTunes and sync your iPhone (go to the info-tab you should see blanks and not your Calendars - don't worry they will soon show up, as you activate the sync)

Pooh. Ok. Looks like a lot, but it actually is really simple. I only did so many steps, to really make sure, I would not loose any data.

In quick words: reset your sync services with the terminal and sync again.

I will also write that down for all times in my notebook.

Cheers

Apr 11, 2014 2:28 AM in response to Maffibaer

My Maffi,

thanks for yoru replies. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I am using Mavericks and apparently it does not use the same sync services as older systems (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5847)

As a matter of fact, when I type in the reset instruction in the terminal, I get a message saying that the file is not there. I checked, it is not...
:-(

I tried to sign off and on again my iCloud account. Some items are there, some are not... veeery wierd!!!

iPhone / iPad events are not showing up in OS X but are synced by it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.