Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mark to Move in 3.1?

Does Numbers 3.1 have the same "Mark to Move" feature as 2.3? I need to move a set of formulas from one place to another and I'm only able to cut/paste the result, not the formula. Please help!

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 11:21 AM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2014 12:07 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Same table.

In Numbers 2.3 you would highlight a cell or a range of cells and select "Mark for Move" from the Edit menu. Then you would click on the location you wanted to put them and select "Move". The cells with their formulas would move to the new location and there would not be any broken cells with #REF! in them.

In Numbers 3.1, there doesn't appear to be a "Mark for Move" feature. There are "Paste", "Paste and Match Style", and "Paste Formula Results" options in the Edit menu. The "Paste" and "Paste and Match Style" feature gives me a #REF! error while the "Paste Formula Results" gives me the result without the formula.

Mark to Move in 3.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.