Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Stuck in Headphone Mode, Tried Everything!

So yeah as the title says.

I was on the bus listening to some music and calling friends, then my stop came so i got off the bus and took out my headphones. I got home and went to make a call to realise the proximity sensor at first, then i couldnt hear anyone. I played with the volume and realised it was stuck in headphone mode and i cant fix it.

Iv tried blowing into it, sucking it, cleaning it out with toothpicks etc.

Any other ideas before i take it the apple store?

Cheers,

Dylan

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 11:50 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2014 10:39 AM in response to dylan_c_

Hello Dylan,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing and the troubleshooting steps you have already taken.

I recommend the following steps for an issue like this (you can skip any of the steps you have already taken):

1. Verify that the volume is set to a level you would normally be able to hear.
  2. Ensure that there is nothing plugged in to the headset jack or the dock connector.
  3. If the iPhone is in a protective case, make sure that the speaker port isn't blocked by the case.
  4. Make sure that the speaker and dock port aren't clogged with debris. If necessary, clean it with a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush. Carefully and gently brush away any debris.
  5. If an audio issue occurs when using a specific application, try testing other applications to see if the issue persists.
  6. If the iPhone is paired with a Bluetooth headset or car kit:
  7. Restart the iPhone.
  8. If restarting doesn't fix the issue, ensure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS.
  9. If the issue is not resolved after restoring the iPhone software, please contact Apple Support.

You can find the full article here:

iPhone: No sound or distorted sound from speaker

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5180

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

iPhone 5 Stuck in Headphone Mode, Tried Everything!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.