Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5s will not register my fingerprint id or touches! What do I do to fix it? Factory reset did not work!

I am a nursing student who uses her iPhone 5s for educational purposes while in class and clinical. It just recently stopped registering my fingerprint id and will not register my touch either so I cannot unlock it with my fingerprint or with my numeric pass code. I have tried the reset and it did not work! PLEASE help! I also have a young daughter who is at home with a babysitter and when her doctor just called me, I tried to unlock the phone to answer it and my phone would not let me!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 12:14 PM

There are no replies.

My iPhone 5s will not register my fingerprint id or touches! What do I do to fix it? Factory reset did not work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.