Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with downloading apps on old macbook?

I've recently switched to an older macbook, I'm pretty sure its a 2009, and did software updates and all. Then when i went to download a game from the app store, it told me i needed Mac OS X 10.7 or later is required. But when i click software updates, it says i have no updates available?? I currently have Mac OS X version 10.6.8. Is there any way i can download 10.7?? Or download the app anyway??

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 2:02 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2014 2:16 PM in response to tommilyss

I would forget the Lion update in the link above as many folks who have bought that are reporting here having issues with being told later, when they try to redeem the download code sent to them, that it is no longer available for download in the Mac App Store. According to MacTracker, all varieties of 2009 MacBooks can be updated to the latest version of OS X Mavericks. Mavericks is free in the Mac App Store (MAS) and all recent versions of other MAS apps work with it.

Problem with downloading apps on old macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.