Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac crash makes FCPX library disappear!

While editing FCPX project in a library located on an external drive, new iMac crashed and library contents disappeared. The title and library icon are still in place but I can't open. Everything else on the external drive appears to be fine. I have restarted drive, computer, FCPX; no luck. Is there any way to reconnect/restore this library & project??

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 4:13 PM

Go to Macintosh HD>Users>home folder>Movies>Final Cut Backups.

Select the folder within the reflects the Library name and choose a backup that pre-dates the problem.

Al

2 replies

Apr 2, 2014 12:40 PM in response to Alchroma

Thanks Al, this was helpful. There were several white-knuckle moments in the process, though, as the back-up files would not initially open, then when trying to open them FCPX freaked out and stalled out in some gray screen limbo. I shut things down, repowered, reopened, and FCPX finally opened normally & I was able to open the back-up file. An earlier version of my project opened and I relinked all the media files which now appear to be fine. I lost about an hour's worth of edits, but that's great compared to the alternative of losing the entire project and having to reconstruct from scratch!

iMac crash makes FCPX library disappear!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.