Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Credit Card Required for FREE Download?!

Okay...So, why in the world do I need to provide a credit card number for free downloads.

Apple, you update your stuff **** near weekly to the point of it being annoying...Yet you can't update the issue with the credit card number required for free stuff. Not everyone has one, ya know...

My Flash programs are outdated, and I need to download the new version of Java...HOWEVER, I can't do that because it requires Mavericks OS (or whatever it's called)...Same as with the new version of GarageBand (a program I use daily being a musician), it also requires Mavericks...My computer is running extremely slow and I feel a bit cheated out by you guys because I can't use my computer effectiviely without the upgrades, but I can't upgrade without the credit card number.

And, I've done every little tutorial shown from other users and from Apple itself...There isn't a "None" payment option...

ALSO, when passing all that ********...I finally sign in and then you tell me my profile hasn't been recognized and I need to review...When I click on review it takes me to the payment screen and menus.

Apple, can we try and fix this problem? I'm not the only one with it.

Nate Kyng

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 4:25 PM

1 reply

Credit Card Required for FREE Download?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.