Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I will give my laptop to someone else, how do I unlink my apple id? Do I need to remove the apps I downloaded with my id?

I will give my laptop to someone else, how do I unlink my apple id? Is it just the app store unlink? Do I need to remove the apps I downloaded with my id? Will they get removed when I unlink my apple id?

Are there any other procedures I need to take into account?

Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 4:39 PM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2014 4:59 PM in response to vClau

You need to remove all software that you acquired from the Mac App Store, including newer versions of OS X. These are all registered to you and encoded with your Apple ID in the licensed copy. You cannot legally pass any of the software to the new owner, which is why Apple states to erase the Mac and return it to the version of OS X that shipped from the factory on the Mac. You must also remove any older Apple software that you installed by DVD or pass the DVD to the new owner with the Mac.

I will give my laptop to someone else, how do I unlink my apple id? Do I need to remove the apps I downloaded with my id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.