Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do you need my home address and phone number for an Apple ID?!

I'm trying to create this darn Apple ID and after being directed in 30 dead end routes...I finally find it, and it says:

"

1. Log out of iTunes, if you are not already. (Or hit Cancel if you're on the Review Payment screen.)
  2. Instead of going into Sign In, go to Redeem under the Quick Links, on the right-hand side, down a bit.
  3. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You will get to a Review Payment screen, similar to the one you saw before, but it will have a None button.
  4. You can enter an iTunes card here if you want, but I was able to leave that field blank and still successfully get the account set up, ready to use on the iPad. "

I did all of that ^^^^ EXCEPT, you're asking me for my personal home address and my phone number...Do I really need to give you all that just to download free upgrades?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 4:55 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2014 12:30 AM in response to NateKyngPresents

We are fellow users here on these user-to-user forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

You will need to enter your info in each of the required fields if you want to create an iTunes account. If you enter your credit card details, which if you use the instructions on the HT2731 page that you posted from then you probably will, then your billing address will be needed for its validation.

If you don't want to enter your phone number then try entering 0

Why do you need my home address and phone number for an Apple ID?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.