Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad is disabled and won't connect to iTunes

iPad is disabled and telling me to connect to iTunes.
When I plug the iPad into my computer and select iTunes it gives me a message that reads "iTunes could not connect to the iPad because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes."

I can't enter my passcode because my iPad is disabled, and it isn't a timed disabled either.

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 6:52 AM

The answer from Apple does not address the question. I too get the exact same message EVERY morning about my iPad Pro - I do not get the message about my iPhone or my iPad mini. I don't know what setting to change so that I am not annoyed every morning.

The message again is:

iTunes could not connect to the iPad “Mack iPad Pro” because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2017 6:52 AM in response to HeatherDSharp

The answer from Apple does not address the question. I too get the exact same message EVERY morning about my iPad Pro - I do not get the message about my iPhone or my iPad mini. I don't know what setting to change so that I am not annoyed every morning.

The message again is:

iTunes could not connect to the iPad “Mack iPad Pro” because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

iPad is disabled and won't connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.