Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering Items from a Hard Drive?

Hello everyone. My MBP recently went through a tragic incident which ended up with it needing extensive repair and therefore I am considering getting a new MacBook Pro. I was wondering if all the apps that were downloaded online as well as all other files and bookmarks can be recovered from the Hard Drive? Or would they be saved in iCloud as well? Is it possible to recover all the data in my previous Mac? Thank you very much.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 1:11 AM

7 replies

Apr 1, 2014 6:51 AM in response to Owl Captain

Yes, Time Machine backs up all your stuff automatically.

The first Backup is tedious, but after that it works unobtrusively in the background backing up only changed items once an hour (or as often as you attach the External backup drive).

Time Machine is not the best backup solution ever. There are much more sophisticated and flexible solutions available. But Time Machine is the Backup that actually gets done, and that is the most valuable feature of any Backup system.

Recovering Items from a Hard Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.