Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I copy videos from my laptop to someone else's iPad?

My friend and I went to a concert and I took all the photos and videos on my iPhone. I then transfered them to my laptop and now want to copy them onto my friends iPad, how do I do this? I plug in her iPad and when i try and copy the videos, a message comes up saying that the iPad has 'stop responding or has been disconnected'. What do I do???

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 5:26 AM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2014 6:06 AM in response to MaddyStich

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Using The iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101

 Cheers, Tom 😉

How do I copy videos from my laptop to someone else's iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.