Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to undo "Carrier Update".

Hi,

I am using iPhone 5S and have iOS 7.1 on it. Can anyone tell me to downgrade or restore the carrier update on iPhone? Since the day I have got the carrier update, I am facing issues in call receiving. The carrier update which I have received is mainly for LTE however the area in which I reside supports only 3G and because of that I ofter see signals blinking from zero to five many times in a day. And I am facing this issue since I have updated the carrier settings. Also, Apple has bundled carrier update in iOS 7.1 as I did factory restore 3-4 times but still it does not remove the carrier update. Please help with this problem.

Thank you very much in advance!

Gaurang

iPhone 5s, Other OS, iOS 7.0.5

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2017 12:25 AM

Hi Gaurang,

I too faced this issue but i could get over this with the following steps

1. Copied all contacts into windows/ gmail.

2. Copied photos to pc

3. On mobile "Reset all content and settings"

4. After reset, select "start as new phone"

With this i could get the option again.

Please note step 4 is important where you need to select as new phone.

From now on when you connect to itunes, u get pop up saying update carrier settings, please cancel that option everytime.

Let me know if these steps help you as well. Just to answer you i created an ID in Apple community :-)

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2017 12:25 AM in response to Gaurang B

Hi Gaurang,

I too faced this issue but i could get over this with the following steps

1. Copied all contacts into windows/ gmail.

2. Copied photos to pc

3. On mobile "Reset all content and settings"

4. After reset, select "start as new phone"

With this i could get the option again.

Please note step 4 is important where you need to select as new phone.

From now on when you connect to itunes, u get pop up saying update carrier settings, please cancel that option everytime.

Let me know if these steps help you as well. Just to answer you i created an ID in Apple community :-)

Jan 31, 2017 10:29 AM in response to Harinath1430

Harinath the carrier guys won't help you

They just tell the usual procedure like reset of network settings which would not help

Just follow what I mentioned and you should be able to get 2g option and once you do that never select the carrier update again.

Before reset make sure important data is copied to pc , contacts and photos can then anyway be put back onto phone if stored on pc or drive

May 5, 2017 2:08 AM in response to SandeepBB

Agree with you!

I am form Mumbai on Airtel network and facing same problem since I upgraded the carrier setting by Airtel.

I was thinking to apply the reset method like you suggested and it will be my last try now with Airtel else I will surely port my number to other network.

I have already tried all other means specified in this thread and now reset will be my last option before porting.

Apr 23, 2014 4:38 AM in response to Gaurang B

Hi,

So, lets see.

When my iPhone 5S was on 7.0.4, I regularly used to get the irritating "Carrier Settings Update" notification. So, I read about it and cancelled the update. However, I did connect it to my mac and could see the same notification coming up on my mac. Updated and synced. Now, when you update the carrier settings from the mac, the ipcc file is stored on the mac. The ipcc file is basically a zip file containing property list and other files. Modifying the ipcc file and updating the same on the iPhone certainly helped and I was able to get back to the 2G network rather than the horrible 3G network that Airtel provides.

I talked to Airtel first. They are clueless. [Seriously!!!]

Next, I talk to Apple. The "really helpful" apple people are ALSO CLUELESS. Nice work 🙂. So, basically here I am stuck with a brick that cost me 63Gs.

So, can anyone say if they can look up the folder on their mac (~/Library/Application Support/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Update). If this folder exists, then it means that iTunes was used to download and update the carrier settings. I am talking specifically about people who are subscribed with Airtel. If the file named "BhartiAirtel_in_iPhone.ipcc" exists, then all is well. Would really appreciate it if someone can find that file, upload it and post a link. 🙂 Of course, the file has to come from syncing an iOS device with iOS 7.1. May not help if the update is from an earlier version.

Apple! Any thoughts!!! 🙂

How to undo "Carrier Update".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.