Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot send sms

Hi everyone, this has been a week now that I can't send SMS properly. I can send imessage but when I have to text my friends who do not use iphone, then the problem arises. When I text them, on my phone it would say 'not delivered'. After that either my contact received the text dozens of times (same one although I only sent one) or they didn't get it at all and only get the message several hours/days later. On my side, some texts were not sent to me on time either. On Monday for example, I received a text sent on Friday!

I have contacted my service provider, and since then I have : 1. restore my iphone, 2. reset the network, 3. reset the phone! 4. turn on and off imessage 5. Check that my number appear properly and all other things I read on the internet! but NADA, nothing happened and I still have this problem! What should I do?😟

Thank you

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 6:31 AM

Contact your carrier again. SMS is a carrier feature. If I had to guess, your account is not provisioned properly. Escalate the call until you get someone who understands the word "provisioning".

2 replies

cannot send sms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.