Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Automator for Aperture Export?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to use Automator to export different versions of photos from aperture 3.5 (different exposure -2, -1, 0, +1, +2)

I've seen in automator the different action : "export photo" "change exposure to -x" but I have absolutely no idea of how make it works in Aperture...

If anyone can help me, it would be amazing!

Thanks in advance,

Julien

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 6:19 AM

15 replies

Apr 1, 2014 6:44 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I also only have "export version" and "export master" but with automator I'd like to build an automation export photo with exposure as shot, then change the expo to -1, export, change expo to -2 ....
something like this :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pvnlx6l9bbhj42/Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202014- 04-01%20%C3%A0%2015.40.28.png

but I don't know how to make it works in aprture...

an Idea?

Apr 1, 2014 6:50 AM in response to Naturalbornsamy

Sorry my french is no so good so I can't really make out the workflow you show.

However keep in mind that Automator (or AppleScript) has no direct way to apply a adjustment to a version.

You can however apply an adjustment preset to a version so if you make a new preset in Aperture that does what you want you could apply that to the version with Automator using Apply Image Preset.

regards

Apr 1, 2014 7:37 AM in response to Naturalbornsamy

This should get you started:

User uploaded file

Basically we get the selected image in Aperture, store a reference to it, apply a preset, export it. Then retrieve the reference to the selected image, I reset the adjustments applied in the first step, not sure if you want to apply the next adjustment to an unadjusted image or add them to the image. If you want to add them to the image remove this step. Then apply the adjustment and export. You can repeat the retrieve, reset, apply, export steps as many times as you need for what you are doing.

Apr 1, 2014 8:11 AM in response to Naturalbornsamy

mm strange, I'm running 10.9.2 also and I don't get that message. Ok try this one

User uploaded file

I remove the reference actions (both the set and get) and replaced it with a second Get selected images. Note I have the new Get Selected Images action ignoring its input.

If you add more for more adjustments make sure you have all those set to ignore input also.

Also you might be able to remove the Reset all Adjustments action and use the Replace existing adjustments checkbox in the Apply action. Seems right but I didn't try it.

Apr 1, 2014 8:17 AM in response to Naturalbornsamy

Ok good had me going there for a while 😉

The second workflow is a bit simpler so you might what to play around with it. But either one should do what you need.

One thing to be aware of. In the second workflow we get the selection each time before doing the adjustment/export so if the selection were to change (not likely bit possible) you would be working on different images.

In the first workflow we save a reference to the original selection so even if the selection changes it still should work on the original images.

regards

Apr 1, 2014 8:50 AM in response to Naturalbornsamy

How can I lauch it from aperture?

If you want to launch your Automator workflow directly from Aperture, save a version as "Service", not "Workflow". A service can be launched from Aperture's "Services" menu. It needs to be installed in the "Services" folder in the User library or System Library.

User uploaded file

You can even bind a keyboard shortcut to it, using the System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts settings.

Using Automator for Aperture Export?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.