Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clear icloud storage

I hope someone can help me. I have an iPhone and a Macbook. I've been using iCloud for a while. On my Macbook, when I look at the dialog box called Internet Accounts, it shows my iCloud storage is full, 4.99G out of 5G full. I send all my emails using Yahoo Mail. On my iPhone, I have the mail app configured to load the data from my Yahoo account. When I look at the dialog box Internet Accounts, I realized that Mail was checked on both the iCloud account and my Yahoo account. Actually, the only thing I want on the iCloud is Contacts, Notes, Reminders and Calendars. I unchecked Mail from the iCloud and from the Yahoo account tabs. But how do I go in and clear all the Mail data that must already be in iCloud? Do I turn off iCloud on hte iPhone and delete it from Internet Accounts on my Macbook and then start all over? Will that result in my Contacts, Notes, etc getting duplicated? (I don't want that to happen). Any help is greatly appreciated. Please be specific on what I need to do on my Macbook and the iPhone to free up the iCloud storage space.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 9:27 AM

On your Mac

Open Mail, go to the iCloud account, delete any mail that is in there (assuming that you don't want it)

5GB is a huge amount of mail, I doubt that is where your problem lies, so while you are looking check the storage for all of the iCloud apps.

System Preferences>iCloud>Manage

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2014 9:27 AM in response to FranzFranz

On your Mac

Open Mail, go to the iCloud account, delete any mail that is in there (assuming that you don't want it)

5GB is a huge amount of mail, I doubt that is where your problem lies, so while you are looking check the storage for all of the iCloud apps.

System Preferences>iCloud>Manage

How to clear icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.