Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does every single 3rd party app have to notify me with the same sound as SMS?

See headline.

Seriously. We're in the 7th generation of IOS, and Android has had this ability...STANDARD since Vanilla. Apple.... for the love of all things holy WHY.... WHY do you force these apps to notify me with the same exact tone as SMS??? I do NOT want to have to jailbreak my phone to get features the iPhone should already have. I can change the tones for individual e-mail addresses so why the blazes can't I change tones for different apps. OR at LEAST make SMS seperate from all 3rd party apps. HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

I hate feeling Forever Alone thinking someone texted me, when really it's a 3rd party app telling me some useless information.

Apple STEP UP YOUR GAME.

..::MacBook Pro 17::.., Mac OS X (10.6.2), Final Cut Studio 2

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 10:18 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2014 10:33 AM in response to Actingbiz1

Actingbiz1 wrote:

See headline.

Seriously. We're in the 7th generation of IOS, and Android has had this ability...STANDARD since Vanilla. Apple.... for the love of all things holy WHY.... WHY do you force these apps to notify me with the same exact tone as SMS???

What?

Why do you think Apple has anything to do with what a 3rd party app uses as a sound?

If the app is using a tone for soemthing then you should set the tone in that app's settings.

If you cannot set a tone for an app, contact the app support/developer.

Why does every single 3rd party app have to notify me with the same sound as SMS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.