1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 1, 2014 11:16 AM by Drew Reece
harakeeri Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I recently upgraded to Mavericks (10.9.2) from Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and everything seems to be working smoothly...until my Bootcamp partition isn't showing up on my Desktop anymore.

And after I tried re-installing NTFS-3G, believing that it was the error, I now get this error whenever I boot up/attach an NTFS format external drive.

error-1.png

How can I get it to mount up again?

I browsed similar questions and I don't seem to have the same issues as other people have, where their Bootcamp partition is named "disk0s4" in that Partition tab in Disk Utility.

error-2.png

Hopefully my issues aren't that bad and easy to remedy.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)
  • Drew Reece Level 5 Level 5 (4,410 points)

The dialog is telling you what to do…

Open /Applications/Utilities/Console.app, look inside the log list for system.log or kernel.log. There will be some entries that include 'ntfs-3g' or 'fuse'. Search around & then copy any log message that seems relevant.

Then paste them into a text file, remove any info that is specific to your Mac (like the date, time, local host name, the process ID [a number in square brackets]). Then Google with that message & your OS version. There is usually someone else who has a solution.

I'd also check that fuse is upto date, I get confused between 'Mac Fuse', 'Fuse for OS X' and NTFS-3G, so you will need to read the requirement for NTFS-3G.

Sometimes it's easiest to remove (via the uninstallers) and then find the latest versions of each & install them.