Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NTFS-3G Error

I recently upgraded to Mavericks (10.9.2) from Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and everything seems to be working smoothly...until my Bootcamp partition isn't showing up on my Desktop anymore.

And after I tried re-installing NTFS-3G, believing that it was the error, I now get this error whenever I boot up/attach an NTFS format external drive.

User uploaded file

How can I get it to mount up again?

I browsed similar questions and I don't seem to have the same issues as other people have, where their Bootcamp partition is named "disk0s4" in that Partition tab in Disk Utility.

User uploaded file

Hopefully my issues aren't that bad and easy to remedy.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 10:50 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2014 11:16 AM in response to harakeeri

The dialog is telling you what to do…

Open /Applications/Utilities/Console.app, look inside the log list for system.log or kernel.log. There will be some entries that include 'ntfs-3g' or 'fuse'. Search around & then copy any log message that seems relevant.

Then paste them into a text file, remove any info that is specific to your Mac (like the date, time, local host name, the process ID [a number in square brackets]). Then Google with that message & your OS version. There is usually someone else who has a solution.

I'd also check that fuse is upto date, I get confused between 'Mac Fuse', 'Fuse for OS X' and NTFS-3G, so you will need to read the requirement for NTFS-3G.

Sometimes it's easiest to remove (via the uninstallers) and then find the latest versions of each & install them.

NTFS-3G Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.