Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does airplay keep disconnecting from bose sound touch 20

Hi, I am having a problem with airplay. I recently bought a bose sound touch 20 to use with my iphone, it was working fine with my iphone and my wife's iphone and the iPad but it seems since all were updated to iOS 7.1 airplay has become unusable it's so frustrating because the bose has superb sound but is useless without airplay I am considering returning the bose to the shop for a refund as I'm still within 30 days of purchase, I'm so angry I feel that bose is being let down by apple. Does any body know of a solution, bose suggested turning off blue tooth but this didn't work. Thanks in advance, nick.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.1, All devices on 7.01

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 11:48 AM

5 replies

Apr 3, 2014 10:41 AM in response to Ng43

Hello Ng43

Check out the article below for general troubleshooting steps and additional support for issues with AirPlay. You may want to check the wireless network for any interference as well as the network using the recommended settings for wireless access.

iOS: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4215

Regards,

-Norm G.

May 15, 2014 6:55 PM in response to Ng43

Yep, I'm having exactly the same problems since upgrading to iOS 7.1.1. Last week I had no issues streaming from Amazons app on my iPad 3 or iPhone 5s to my Apple TV2, now since upgrading last weekend it drops the airplay connection at least 2-3 times during a 45 minute episode, very frustrating, especially as the video continues to play on the iPhone and I have to keep rewinding it 30 seconds to try and get back to where we were up to! Wifi routers fine, logs show no drop outs, Apple TV is hard wired and Wifi frequency changed to make sure and no change. Looks like a sw bug, had no issue before the update!

Jul 7, 2015 11:16 PM in response to Ng43

I had the same issue:

Iphone 5 on iOS 8.4

Bose Soundtouch with latest software

Issue: Airplay disconnects after about 1 min.

I use a Netgear WN3000RP wifi extender and interference from that was the issue

Solution:

Updated the firmware on the netgear wifi extender and the airplay issue is gone !!. Airplay from my iphone to soundtouch works very well now.

Why does airplay keep disconnecting from bose sound touch 20

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.