Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device will not join in Profile Manager

Forgive me, as I could be being very silly. But really would appreciate some help here.

I am attempting after installing Mavericks Server to join a device (iMac intel, running OSX Mavericks) via profile manager.

Everytime I go to myserver/mydevices on the iMac I install the trust profile and then I click the blue Enroll button. However, this is where the issue arises. The device will only appear in Profile Manager as a Placeholder - it will pick up the name of the iMac and it's serial number, but it will only be a placeholder not a fully managed device (I do not get the options in myserver/mydevices to wipe or lock etc. and the device will not appear in there). I am logging into the local admin account of the iMac - and have also tried it as a network account. STILL don't work.

Could anyone shed some light on what the issue could be here?

The host machine will join fine (I did this as a test).

Thanks in anticipation! This is a niggly issue which is driving me MAD!

iMac, OS X Server

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 11:41 AM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2014 1:01 PM in response to CSMoore1234

Hello,

I know how it feels, this piece of crap was driving me MAD too.

I had the same problem then you, the only way I found is to reinstall a clean copy of Mavericks with server.app and restart the whole thing. For an unknown reason, i can now enroll my devices and manage them.

Good luck and have a nice day, and dont get crazy with this ****, it isnt worth it.

Pierre

Device will not join in Profile Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.