Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHERE CAN I FIND THE XXXXXX DIGITS TO CREATE THE PASSWORD?

I am trying to enter the password for airport time capsule. I am using the 6 digits from the serial No but it does not work. I followed the instructions using Apple Networkxxxxxx of the serial number or theTRA ID or the TA ERD that are on the label of the box but I don't have any luck. Some help please?????

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 12:30 PM

Six digits from the serial number will not work as the password unless that is what you programmed into the Time Capsule when you set it up.

Did you forget the password? If so, see this User Tip:

AirPort - Regain Access from Forgotten Passwords

If the Time Capsule is new, with factory default settings, the default password that Apple uses for all of their devices is

public

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2014 12:30 PM in response to DespinaKane

Six digits from the serial number will not work as the password unless that is what you programmed into the Time Capsule when you set it up.

Did you forget the password? If so, see this User Tip:

AirPort - Regain Access from Forgotten Passwords

If the Time Capsule is new, with factory default settings, the default password that Apple uses for all of their devices is

public

WHERE CAN I FIND THE XXXXXX DIGITS TO CREATE THE PASSWORD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.