Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5th Gen iPod Nano won't connect to itunes or computer, just keeps resetting. Reinstalled itunes to no avail, other ipods connect fine...help please

I re-installed i-tunes but this didn't solve the issue. Other iPods including additional 5th generation nanos connect and sync just fine. When it's plugged into the computer, it says "Connected...Eject before disconnecting" but doesn't show in itunes or the computer, then the ipod resets and the cycle begins again. It plays music just fine. It also plays fine when directly connected by USB to a Toyota Avalon. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks!

iPod nano (5th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 12:25 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2014 9:15 AM in response to djbrown1

Hello djbrown1

Check with the article below to troubleshoot issues with your iPod not showing up in iTunes. There are two symptoms to look for to pick the right avenue of troubleshooting. Look for to see if your iPod shows up on your computer, similarly like a camera or an external hard drive. Check out the articles below to troubleshoot you further.

iPod not appearing in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3716

iPod nano (5th generation) Troubleshooting Assistant

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/nano5gen/

Regards,

-Norm G.

Apr 7, 2014 11:50 AM in response to norm123

I checked out both of the links you provided. The only way to get the ipod to show up on my computer is to switch it into disk mode (which would require reformatting and erasing everything off of it). I have not done that yet as I really don't want to sift through the thousands of songs on my computer and in itunes to refill it (provided that solves this problem). The ipod continues to show connected on its own screen but doesn't appear on the computer or in itunes, the screen then goes blank, looks like it resets, shows the main menu, then connected again. And the cycle starts over. Any other suggestions before I reformat it? Thanks!!

My 5th Gen iPod Nano won't connect to itunes or computer, just keeps resetting. Reinstalled itunes to no avail, other ipods connect fine...help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.