Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEW iPhone 5S and now iTunes WON'T sync

I upgraded my iPhone to an iPhone 5S and now iTunes WON'T sync.

It says "The iphone "XXXX" could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchased items that are on the iPhone.

I've de-authorized and re-authorized till I'm blue in the face !! I've used this computer since i fist bought the other **** iPhone !!!

WHAT GIVES ????

Alan

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 1:44 PM

7 replies

Dec 3, 2014 9:02 AM in response to hitekcwby

I'm having the same issue. After updating to iOs 8 and then updating my iTunes, my iPhone (5) would no longer connect to iTunes. The computer recognized it but not iTunes. I had to update the drivers in device management to get my phone to finally appear again in iTunes. Now, I can't sync my phone because I keep getting this computer not authorized message. I've de-authorized and re-authorized my computer a bunch of times and still my phone will not sync.

The best part is all of my purchased songs still work but yet say I have to re-authorize the computer? Anyone else find a fix yet?

Mar 9, 2016 11:33 AM in response to tallyogi

I'm not sure exactly which issue you are having problems with. If it is that iTunes does not recognize your iPhone, try this link:

<<If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support>>

If it is that iTunes does not sync with your iPhone, then this might be helpful:

If you are getting the repeated prompts of asking to authorize your Apple ID, then check out the article below to resolve the issue. Make sure that you go through and remove the SC Info folder and try to authorizer again as that resolved it for me when I had that issue.

iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1389

NEW iPhone 5S and now iTunes WON'T sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.