Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Usage Problem

I have an iPhone 5s. On my computer it states in the iPhone summary that my usage is over-capacity, but on my iPhone it says that I have over 3GB of free space. I am unable to download music from my computer to my phone but can download them straight from the iTunes app. HELP PLEASE.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 2:21 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2014 8:48 AM in response to diesel vdub

I'm getting the same message. I have over 7GB available on the iphone, yet the message says I need 5.14GB free to sync. I've unchecked the auto sync features, and unchecked the sync music box to try to remove the music library and then reload it. When I tried to sync, none of the music was removed. Restoring the device didn't help either, as I backed it up before starting the sync.

(As an aside, I have an easier time syncing my older ipod than the iphone. I can even get all of my music on the ipod, whereas the phone doesn't recognize any music files I've purchased or dowloaded outside Amazon, iTunes or a ripped CD. I just don't want to have to carry two devices when I'm exercising.)

I then removed the cord and reattached, and the same thing happened. Using version 7.1 on the iphone 5 and 10.6.8 on my MacBook Pro. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

iPhone 5 Usage Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.