Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook wont boot

Hi, My MacBook is at it again. It wont boot. the sleep inficator light is on but the screen wont light up. Even the Num/Caps lock wont work. I fixed this issue a month ago when I opened it to remove the faulty optical drive. I have no idea how I did it that time, I suspect that theres a loose or a bent cable. Others say that the logicboard needs replacing. I have it for almost eight years. It's a white 1 1 model running on SL 10.6.8. If it does turn on, a slight tilt will cause it to freeze, keyboard and trackpad wont respond.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2GB RAM & 120GB SSD

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 3:04 PM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2014 3:35 PM in response to Muntizeppa

Hi guys, I figured out the problem:

I constantly removed the topcase for several reasons: cleaning out dust from the internal components such as the fan and logicboard, applying new thermal paste, removing the opticaldrive, looking for loose wires, etc

I realize that my constant removal of the topcase causes the orange/brown ribbon cable which connects to the logic board to bend. Whenever I press the 'G' button which is directly above the cable connection, the MacBook will freeze. I could send it to apple to replace this cable as I have absolutely no experience with soldering. Or should I just get a new topcase?

MacBook wont boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.