Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have misplaced my ipod 4th gen. It has no battery or find my ipod isn't on I'm not 100% it doesn't have wifi but I don't think it does. If anyone can help I will be very great full. Thank you.

I have misplaced my ipod 4th gen. It has no battery or find my ipod isn't on I'm not 100% it doesn't have wifi but I don't think it does. If anyone can help I will be very great full. Thank you.

iPod touch, I don't know the operating system

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 2:50 PM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2014 2:59 PM in response to Ronan521

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Apr 2, 2014 10:18 AM in response to Ronan521

I haven't turned on find my ipod

It's doesn't have wifi

It doesn't have battery

Sorry to be flip, but how would you then expect to locate it, magic?

I understand your anquish, but there's nothing Apple can do nor anything we can suggest. Your only hope is to look for it and hope you find it, and notify the police and any businesses in the area in which you think you lost it in case someone turns it in. There's no way to track a device that's not turned on, and that would be the same with an Android phone, a Windows phone, a Blackberry, or any other device.

Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.