Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you MERGE 2 iCLOUD accounts?

Like many customers I mistakenly created two iCloud accounts. I have an old ME account and an apple ID which is associated with my itunes account. The problem is that two email address (and more importantly) many contacts are assocaited with the ME account, not my primary Apple ID. I'd like to collapose both both accounts into one. Is this possible? Thank you.

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 5:01 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2014 5:29 PM in response to ScottNewYork

You can migrate the data from one account to the other and merge the data, but you can't move the email account from one iCloud account to another. To do this, you'll need to decide which account and email account you will be keeping and which you will be abandoning. Then, on the device that is signed into the account you are leaving, start by saving any photo stream photos that you want to keep on the device to your camera roll (unless already there) by opening your my photo stream album, tapping Select, tapping the photos, tap the share icon (box with upward facing arrow), then tapping Save to Camera Roll. If you are syncing notes with iCloud that you want to keep, you'll need to open each of them and email them to yourself so you can later copy and paste the text into new notes created in other account. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide the password to turn off Find My iDevice and choose Keep on My iDevice when prompted . Then sign into the other account and choose Merge to merge the data from the first account with the data in the second one. You'll then have to use the emails you sent earlier to recreate your notes from the first account in the second account.

How can you MERGE 2 iCLOUD accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.