Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permission error opening FCPX event

We're running FCPX (10.0.9) on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X 10.8.5 and when attempting to open an event we get the following error: Permission error opening [file name] CurrentVersion.fcpevent.

User uploaded file

FCPX does not respond despite allowing an hour or more to load. We have done the following troubleshooting:

Deleted the following 2 Plist files under Go > Library > Preferences
  1. com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist
  2. com.apple.FinalCut.plist

Deleted the Layouts folder under Go > Library > Application Support > Final Cut Pro

Used Disk Utility to repair the drive holding the file. --- No errors found

Ran DiskWarrior to repair any problems with the drive. --- No errors found

Created a new user on the computer to test FCPX and the event would still not open.

Has anyone encountered this? If so, can someone suggest a solution?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 5:51 PM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2014 6:17 PM in response to Mesmee

It's unclear what you're trying to accomplish by trying to open the event. Are you working in the app or the Finder? If in the app, is the drive where the event lives appear in the Events Library? And if so, does the event appear? and what about Any project that is is referening that event?

Russ

Apr 8, 2014 7:56 AM in response to Mesmee

Hi

I had this problem and have just solved it.

I was logging in as a different user and the permissions on the folders containing the library - and of the library itself - were set to Read Only for all users except the admin user that created them.

To fix, highlight the library, and select "Get Info" from the Finder File menu (cmd-I).

At the bottom of the info box you can select read & write access for all users. You may have to click on the padlock in the corner and enter an admin name and password to allow the change.

Do this for any folders the library is in and the library itself.

This worked for me, hopefully it will work for you too.

Permission error opening FCPX event

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.