Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod was disabled to itunes and whenever i try to restore it about half way throught the restoration process it stops and goes back to what it was like before. how do i stop this and finally restore my ipod?

my ipod was disabled to itunes and whenever i try to restore it about half way throught the restoration process it stops and goes back to what it was like before. how do i stop this and finally restore my ipod?

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 6:37 PM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2014 2:48 AM in response to bilbobiscuits

Try disabling the computer's antivirus and firewall.

- Next try the manual install method of:

iDevice Troubleshooting 101 :: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Place the iPod in recovery mode after the firmware download is complete and then restore using the instructions in the article. Sometimes recovery mode timeouts and returns to disabled before the firmware download is complete.

- Then try on another computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.