Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to know how to delete apps from my phone permanently because in order to update some of them i need a friends appleid pw because it was at one point synced with his apple id. these apps wont update unless i can delete them and DL under my apple ID.

Okay, so this is a little more information on my problem. When i first got my iphone i didnt have a computer of my own. So i synced it to my friends computer under his apple id. well then later down the road i got a mac of my own and was able to sync it to that. well some of my apps (facebook, snapchat, instagram, and google) backed up to his id. Now none of those applications will update if i dont have the password for his apple id. What i would like to accomplish is to delete them from my phone and such completely, or just unattach them from his icloud/apple id so that i can re download them under my own account. at this point everytime i try to delete them from my phone and go into the app store to download them again, it only gives me the option to redownload them from the cloud. i do not want to do this. because that means the app still wont be up to date and it will still be associated with said friends apple id. is there anyone who can guide me through this issue?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2014 10:59 PM

1 reply

I need to know how to delete apps from my phone permanently because in order to update some of them i need a friends appleid pw because it was at one point synced with his apple id. these apps wont update unless i can delete them and DL under my apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.