Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari 7.0.3 not working

I've upgraded to safari 7.0.3 and lots of sites have stopped working - they still work on firefox.

Is this a general problem, or is there something I need to configure for the new version to work?

Sites that don't work include mail.google.com & http://www.macrumors.com

How do I go back to the previous version?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 3:19 AM

Restart the Computer.

Delete Caches.db

Close all windows and quit all applications.

Hold "option" key down and click "Go" menu in the Finder menu bar.

Select "Library" from the dropdown.

Library > Caches > com.apple.Safari > Caches.db

Right click the Caches.db file and select "Move To Trash.

Close windows and relaunch Safari.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2014 3:19 AM in response to Fustbariclation

Restart the Computer.

Delete Caches.db

Close all windows and quit all applications.

Hold "option" key down and click "Go" menu in the Finder menu bar.

Select "Library" from the dropdown.

Library > Caches > com.apple.Safari > Caches.db

Right click the Caches.db file and select "Move To Trash.

Close windows and relaunch Safari.

Apr 2, 2014 10:09 PM in response to dominic23

I've done all that - reset everything in sight. It still has trouble with the mac rumours site, but firefox, running at exactly the same time, doesn't.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Safari 7.0.3, but something certainly is.

Apart from the reset, I've also deleted the cache files, as was recommended, and re-booted.

It looks as if the sensible option is to run firefox.

Apr 3, 2014 2:00 AM in response to Fustbariclation

Try these troubleshooting steps.

1. Power off the router. Unplug it from the wall. Wait a while.

Plug it back to the wall. Power the router on. Wait until all the lights are lit properly.

It will take a while.

Restart the computer.

Start up in Safe Mode.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11212?viewlocale=en_US

2. Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies and all other website data:

Press “Remove All Website Data” button.

3. Turn off Extensions if any, and launch Safari.

Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Apr 5, 2014 9:32 PM in response to Fustbariclation

I think I've tracked down the problem - it is Ad Blocker. Something is not working in the interaction between macrumours and adblocker that's started with safari 7.0.3.

I was able to estabish this when I noticed that an advertisement had turned up on the firefox version - I installed ad blocker and the firefox site stopped working.

I've reported the error to ad blocker.

Apr 9, 2014 4:59 AM in response to Fustbariclation

I am having a similar problem since updating. Many pages seem to load very slowly, one painful graphic at a time. I do not have any extensions running so ad blocker cannot be the problem in my case. I have posted on Macintouch but others are not having the problem. It is frustrating because both of my computers are having the same issue. I still have not solved it yet, but I will post if I do.

May 3, 2014 9:48 AM in response to Fustbariclation

I had all these problems: long delays loading some pages, blank pages that only loaded after clicking refresh several times. None of the solutions worked for me. But today I found this web page: http://www.thebitguru.com/blog/view/394-Random%20Slowdown%20of%20Browsers%20in%2 0OS%20X%20Mountain%20Lion

My problem was due to the Cisco VPN Client that my employer recommends over the Apple built-in VPN client. I had duitifully installed it several months ago, did not prefer it over the built-in client and forgot about it (and of course did not bother to uninstall it). I have now uninstalled it using the included Cisco uninstaller, and now Safari 7.0.3 works like a charm. I noted that the Cisco files were still in the /opt folder after running uninstall, so to be on the safe side I trashed the whole Cisco folder that was in /opt.

I hope this solution works for you all.

Lew Harvey

May 3, 2014 10:19 PM in response to Fustbariclation

I should have made it clear that I did not have AdBlock installed yet I still had the blank page problem with Safari 7.0.3. The Console indicated that there were "unable to verify license key" errors:

3.05.2014 10:10:51.108 acwebsecagent[140]: OnConnectionFailure : Fail Open - Reason = Unable to verify the license key

A Google search immediately led me to the page I cited above about the Cisco VPN AnyConnect client being the cuprit. Getting rid of that app solved my problem.

safari 7.0.3 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.