Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to restart macbook to watch more than one episode on apple TV

The setup we run at home is two apple TVs running through my Macbook Pro with all TV shows and movies stored on a time capsule.

My problem is that when I watch anything on the apple TV the first episode/movie works fine but the second comes up with an error saying 'content cannot be found - please try again later'.

The only way I can fix this is to restart my macbook every time which of course is very annoying.

It does it on both apple TVs which leads me to believe there is something wrong with my macbook.

Any help will be appreciated!

🙂

Apple TV (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 12:18 AM

1 reply

Apr 4, 2014 12:52 PM in response to Swizzzle

Hello Swizzzle,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with watching your movies and TV shows on your Apple TVs. It sounds like you are using Home Sharing to stream these videos to your Apple TVs.

I recommend reviewing the full article below for the issue you described, but I think steps 4-7 are specifically useful for what you described:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2972

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Need to restart macbook to watch more than one episode on apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.