Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes crash when opening the store, windows xp, error in "***.dll"

Hi,

every time, when I select in iTunes 11.1.5.5, windows XP (32 Bit) the store's start page (menu store/start page), it crashes.

All information I can get from windows after that, is that itunes crashed in w.t.f.dll. (sorry , this board does not allow to type the dll's name without points between the characters)User uploaded file

I already tried to completely uninstall all apple software and reinstall it after a windows restart, following exactly the steps

under http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5376

Unfortunately the crash still appears as before.

Has someone found a fix or a workaround?

Best regards

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 5:05 AM

8 replies

Jun 24, 2014 10:43 AM in response to jhe2

As I've just posted in Voo-Doo's thread that isn't an error message I've seen myself.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Jul 10, 2014 8:54 AM in response to jhe2

😟

Have you searched the computer for all copies of the file W.T.F.dll? You should have just one copy in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support, or their regional equivalents.

Mine is dated 12th Feb 2014, and if I look in Properties > Details it has a file version of 7537.60.5.27. In theory if you delete any other versions things should work. Alternatively delete all versions and then repair Apple Application Support.

tt2

Jul 11, 2014 12:52 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you,

I checked this out:

On my computer there is only one copy in the Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder,

with the version: 7537.60.5.27

and the Apple signature timestamp:thursday, February 6th. 2014 04:32:31.

(German: Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2014 04:32:31)

So this was a good idea but unfortunately not the problem on my computer.

Thank you allthough,

best regards

jhe2

Jul 14, 2014 6:59 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

just today I got a new iTunes-Update to version 11.3.0.54

The new version of the W.T.F.dll is now 7537.60.16.5 with a signature timestamp of

tuesday, 1st. of April 2014.

Unfortunately the problem remains still the same, allthough there is only this one copy of W.T.F.dll on my computer.

Best regards

jhe2

itunes crash when opening the store, windows xp, error in "***.dll"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.